Would you be surprised to know some foods actually help whiten your teeth? Forget the expensive home whiteners, start focusing on the natural whiteners provided by your daily diet. Here are the top five foods that help keep your teeth white and pristine while keeping your diet healthy.
- Foods like cauliflower require some aggressive chewing. Because of this, the food takes time to break down, which creates more saliva. The more saliva washes down food particles and the extra chewing allows for some grit for your teeth. Cauliflower is not only nutritious, but also aids in keeping your teeth sparkly.
- Strawberries provide whiter teeth as darker colored fruits have enzymes that whiten your teeth. This enzyme is known as malic acid, which is a natural teeth whitener. Malic acid is also found in blackberries, pears, plums, and apricots. Next time you’re in the grocery store, grab some berries for your teeth!
- Cheese is great for whitening your teeth. Cheese is packed with calcium and lactic acid which makes your teeth stronger and protects against tooth decay. Cheese, like cauliflower also promotes an influx of saliva, which helps get rid of extra food particles and debris.
- Celery is natures toothbrush. This food is so fibrous that it acts like natural bristles against your teeth. Celery is a great natural teeth whitener because of this, as it helps clean your teeth as you eat, so food debris does not stay in the hard to reach places.
- Onions and Garlic
- Lastly, when you eat garlic and onions, usually raw, a bacteria-reducing component is released, which reduces the buildup of plaque on the teeth. Also, these foods do not contain color, which means they will not add to the staining of teeth.
Next time you’re in the market for a teeth whitening solution, skip the expensive home whiteners and turn to the food section. There are so many foods that benefit your teeth color and also aid in overall health of the body. With adding these foods to your diet, you will begin to see your teeth whiter.